Now on GoogleCode
Note: Version 1.2 Update
- Fixed reported GYROSCOPE units as rad/sec and not degrees.
- Changed PRESSURE sensor units to hPa (hectopascal) instead of KP.
- Added new Sensor.TYPE_AMBIENT_TEMPERATURE and Sensor.TYPE_RELATIVE_HUMIDITY
- Updated 'Uses SDK' to target SDK Revision 15 per suggestions in post
- Keep sensor display from rotating when displaying sensor data per user
feedback request. Sensor menu still allows screen rotation however.
Note: Version 1.1 is a minor update. Apparently when Froyo came out, Android added 3 more sensors and many devices have them. Normally a good thing, but due to a bug in my app when it discovered those sensors it indexed beyond an array! Bummer, poor programming on my part. But now it is fixed and hopefully will adapt if more sensors are added.
This application is a very simple utility which allows you to explore each sensor available on an Android device. This is mainly intended to be an instructional and experimental application to help facilitate further exploration in application development using Android sensors. Each sensor is itemized in a list and when selected displays both informational and real-time data as well as the ability to search for more information on the selected sensor. Anyone is free to distribute, use and abuse this software as necessary. Enjoy!
For the Android Eclipse Project source code - click here.
For the Android .apk file - click here.
My Sensors QR-Code
Use barcode scanner to install and select "Open Browser" once it detects the bar code.